Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope

Maybe it was the song, maybe it was the rainy weather, maybe it was waking up to a babbling baby, but as I drove down I-5, I was just happy to the core. This despite knowing that my destination would result in two less than pleasant conversations with angry mobs bearing torches. And then I realized, this was what Hope felt like. Having a change in leadership, whether it's the government or your workplace can just leave a gal full of wide-eyed, sparkling optimism about the future, much the same as I feel looking at Little S, and thinking of her wide-open future.

How great that she gets to spend her whole life knowing the president doesn't have to be a white male. Hopefully, before she's old enough to vote, she'll learn the president doesn't even have to be male! What a world of possibilities lay at her feet right now. I can hardly wait to see what opportunities she'll grab a hold of that I can't even begin to dream about now.

In the mean time, I'd be happy if she just would go to sleep.

No comments: