Saturday, November 01, 2008

Do I have what it takes?

It's NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month and participants are supposed to post a blog post every day for a month. I figure I'll give it a go and either I'll get good at taking and posting baby photos, or subjecting readers to the drivel that fills my brain.

Here's basically how I spent my day today, at work and not with Little S :( This is from last year's Girlfest only replace this Disney pop star

image

with these

image and

image

and imagine spending a good portion of the day yelling over loud music and screamingly excited tweens, who have perfected high-pitched shrieks. I have seen my daughter's future, and a nunnery is starting to seem like an excellent idea.

Actually, the event always makes me smile and it left me hopeful for the future of all of our daughters. Seeing girls enamored with the fire truck and wearing all the firefighter gear, or others exploring science & robotics, or trying out power tools is a great reminder that the only limit to Little S's future is her imagination.

And I'm never going to allow her to listen to Radio Disney.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good luck with NaBloPoMo!