Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was very happy here. Our friends T and Don came over and sang some lovely duets and entertained Little S IMG_3097

IMG_3098

while I finished cooking and while Big S was out back frying the turkey. Usual suspects Jim and Lisa joined us and the basement denizens Faas and his buddy Scott surfaced for food and more food.  IMG_3100 We'll be eating leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes for a few days-yum!

My food highlight was the pumpkin pie that came out very tasty, especially with the suggestion of cinnamon whipped cream from Aunt A. I don't even like pumpkin pie, but this came out tasty enough to make me change my mind. The meal highlight was when Little S was trying some of the unadulterated squash and mashed potatoes. Not that we managed to get a good photo of it, but let's just say her facial expressions burned a few calories for everyone as they laughed. Not her favorite Thanksgiving food items!

  IMG_3101

There is so much to be thankful for this year. Topping my immediate list is the new addition to the family, who enjoyed her first Thanksgiving and who is now sleeping blissfully. Ahhh...  Thankfulness.

No comments: