Friday, August 01, 2008

A mid summer's night eve

Another exciting night out in Lorpi-land. This time my running club had their BBQ to cap off their fun-filled Tour de Goose event.

Even though mom isn't running anywhere right now, I haven't seen my running friends in a while, so it was nice to catch up with them. There were multiple strollers and while she was the youngest, she wasn't the only wee one there. Of course we had to put on our running shoes for the event

IMG_2740

 

She's pretty much wearing as much as a collegiate Cross Country runner would wear, maybe more.

Okay, they probably aren't sporting any diapers. No room in those outfits. And their running shoes probably don't have flowers embroidered on them. 'tis a pity really.

 

On the way home, I had a shake my head moment.

This being a big city, I shouldn't really be surprised when people do stupid things. But when the car in front of me slammed on their brakes on a VERY busy 4 lane street and I saw a dog crossing, at first I was worried that the dog would get hit. Then I notice that this puppy is on a leash and it's street youth owner just made the decision to cross then and there. Yo top it off, the kid is yelling at the driver.

Really?? Put your own life in jeopardy, but don't involve another helpless living creature in your bad decisions.

No comments: