Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This is torture!

I've been sentenced to house arrest, or at least that's how it feels. "Modified bed-rest". I thought that was for people with pre-term labor or really scary conditions like placenta previa, etc. But no. Turns out when the genetic dice were rolled, I crapped out on blod pressure and now have pregnancy induced hypertension, which means they worry about pre-eclampsia. Me. That's right. The active, fit one, still swimming 3 miles a week, walking a ton, even snowboarding a few weeks ago. Turns out, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen.
I can still work if I sit with my feet up at home. I honestly think it will be better if I'm AT work. I'll be less tempted to do stuff. I'll plead my case next Monday. And do a lot of research of anything I can do to make this go away.
Of course with this sentence means they induce at due date, if not before (if it gets worse and I get more pre-eclampsyic). Think calm thoughts....

No comments: